House Call Services
Routine vaccinations & annual wellness exams
We do not over-vaccinate! Each pet’s needs will be tailored to their lifestyle and potential exposure levels. We take into consideration past vaccination history, age, pre-existing medical conditions and owner preferences/finances. Our doc will talk will talk you through her recommendations and answer any questions you may have.
- DHPPc – “Distemper/Parvo/Corona” combination
- Rabies 1 and 3y (based on previous vaccine history)
- Bordetella 1y oral – Kennel cough
- Influenza bivalent (2 strain) – Flu
- Leptospirosis – Endemic wildlife pathogen
- Rattlesnake vaccine and Lyme vaccine available upon request
- Feline upper respiratory complex (FVRCP)
- Feline Leukemia
Additional Vet Services:
- Physical exams, ophthalmological exams, orthopedic/neurologic evaluations
- Second opinion evaluations for complex conditions or for conditions where invasive diagnostics/treatments have been recommended.
- Puppy & kitten evaluations, deworming, training tips
- Domestic and International health certificates – Dr. Baxter is a USDA Accredited DVM
- Outpatient treatment: illness, chronic recurrent conditions, injury
- Pain management/Rehabilitation services
- Pet sitting & basic grooming services (by appointment)
- Ancillary health care needs: nail trim, ear clean, anal gland expression
- Medical grooming needs: trimming mats, sanitary trims, sedated grooming (if indicated and supervised by our doctor)
- Quality of life evaluation, hospice and in-home euthanasia services
Specimens can be obtained at house call and clinic visits. Below is a list of our in-house tests with same day results. All other labs are sent to our outside lab with results by early AM.
- Heartworm tests
- Parvo Tests
- Fine needle aspirate cytology
- Ear/skin/fluid cytology
- Blood sugar assessment, blood glucose curves
We offer comprehensive abdominal ultrasound and echocardiograms (heart ultrasound) for various conditions. Ultrasound is a non-invasive diagnostic modality that allows us to evaluate internal organs. U/S can be performed in-home in about 30 minutes and we send images to a radiologist for a full report.
Although we do not yet have an xray unit in our new facility, we are fortunate enough to have a built a partnership with both Westbury Animal Hospital and Sunset Boulevard Animal Hospital in order to facilitate outpatient xrays (for stable pets and with prior approval). Xrays are interpreted by Dr. Baxter and can be sent to a veterinary radiologist for a formal report. Xrays are typically indicated for evaluation of the lungs and bony structures.
Hampshire Mobile Vet maintains a complete pharmacy for your pet’s needs both in our mobile van and at the clinic. We price competitively with online pharmacies and local vets. For refill orders, medications can be picked up at our office, mailed to you, or delivered right to your doorstep via courier.
- Preventative medications (heartworm, flea, intestinal parasites)
- Prescription diets
- Natural medicine/holistic remedies: Dr. Baxter is able to offer research-grade nutraceuticals not available to the general public.
Many minor emergencies can be handled in-home. In the event of an emergency, please contact us immediately by phone so that we may suggest the appropriate course. Please note that time sensitive emergencies like seizures or acute respiratory distress are best handled at your nearest emergency vet hospital. We are in our offices for emergencies on Wednesdays and Fridays 9am-5pm.
- Phone & email consultation are available for any medical issue (9am-5pm M-F) for existing clients.
- Emergency consults with our doctor are available before and after hours for a minor fee.
- Specialist consultations: Dr. Baxter believes in a team approach to patient care. If your pet is diagnosed with a complicated medical condition, she will work with your regular veterinarian and will consult with board certified specialists to ensure that you pet is receiving the best possible care